Cross Registration Information
Instructions for using Student Services Online (SSOL) to register for courses can be found below. Your registration appointments are also listed in SSOL. You will have the opportunity to change your schedule throughout the regular registration and Add/Drop periods. When selecting your Spring 2021 courses, please ensure that the courses you are selecting satisfy your remaining degree requirements by using and updating your degree audit form. You should maintain a copy of your degree audit form for your records. Please refer to the Directory of Classes for Call #s and course details.
Spring 2021 Sustainability Management Registration Calendar
· Regular Registration: Monday, November 16–Friday, January 8
· Add/Drop Registration: Monday, January 11–Friday, January 22
· You may only register during your assigned registration appointment times during this period, which are available on SSOL. Spring 2021 classes begin on Monday, January 11. Consult the Academic Calendar for details.
Spring 2021 Integrative Capstone Workshop
The evening capstone workshop section for which you register now does not determine your final project or faculty advisor assignment. Evening capstone workshop sections will convene virtually during the first class session on January 11th; students will hear presentations about each workshop topic from the faculty advisor, and then each student will submit a workshop preference form. Students will receive the workshop section assignment via email with next steps on registering for their assigned section at the end of the day on Wednesday, January 12th. Students registered for the daytime Capstone Workshop (Section 005 meeting from 2:10-4:00 p.m.) will be assigned to the Section 005 project. The available project topics will be announced in late December.
Spring 2021 Columbia University Cross-Registration Information
Columbia College and School of General Studies:
Cross registration for undergraduate studets begins January 7th.
These are the only courses available to undergraduates and approved to count toward undergraduate SDEV degree requirements. For more details, please contact your program office or advising dean.:
SIPA has not yet announced the courses available for cross-registration. When the classes available for cross-registration for the Spring 2021 semester are announced, they will be posted here. When the courses are announced, they will be included in the course listing document and assigned to curriculum areas. We do not yet know which courses are likely to be made available or when course announcements will be posted to by SIPA, but we expect that they will begin in late July with additional courses added through the start of the semester. You can check here for updates.
Columbia Business School
Columbia Business School cross-registration instructions will be posted to the cross-registration page when they are announced. Based on previous years, a tentative list of available courses should be posted in August and the cross-registration application will become available at the end of August. You can check the cross-registration page for updates.
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (via SSOL)
The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences does not have a formal cross-registration procedure. The approved courses are included in the course listing document and are available for cross-registration in SSOL. If a course is listed as not open to your school or requires you to satisfy a pre-requisite, you can register via Registration Adjustment Form with instructor approval by email to the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fu Foundation Graduate School of Engineering (via SSOL)
The Fu Foundation Graduate School of Engineering does not have a formal cross-registration procedure. The approved courses are included in the course listing document, and are available for cross-registration in SSOL. If a course is listed as not open to your school or requires you to satisfy a pre-requisite, you can register via Registration Adjustment Form with instructor approval by email to the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com.
Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation
GSAPP courses available for cross-registration will be announced on at the end of August 2020. The list of available courses will be sent by email.
Columbia Law School
Complete details regarding cross-registering for courses at Columbia Law School can be found here. Only full-time MS students are permitted to cross-register for these courses. This rule has been established by Columbia Law School, and there are no exceptions. The MS program does not generate a list of pre-approved courses from Columbia Law School. If you are interested in taking a Columbia Law School course, please email me directly for approval. Please include the full course title, description and proposed curriculum area.
Mailman School of Public Health
The MS and Certification programs do not generate a list of pre-approved courses from the Mailman School of Public Health. A listing of courses offered by Mailman will be posted here. If you are interested in taking a Mailman School of Public Health course, please email me directly for approval. Please include the full course title, description and proposed curriculum area. With program approval, you can complete your registration with the cross-registration form.
Students must register through the Teachers College registrar. No permission is required for open courses. Any Teachers College student admitted into an instructor permission course will be notified by e-mail. Please take this e-mail to the TC registrar as proof of admission.
SUMA PS4100 Sustainability Management
SUMA PS4147 Water Resources & Climate
SUMA PS4190 Economics of Sustainability Management
SUMA PS4235 Science of Urban Ecology
SUMA PS4310 Practicum in Innovative Sustainability Leadership
SUMA PS4490 Women in CitiesSchool of International and Public Affairs (via SSOL)
SSOL Registration Instructions
· Log in to SSOL using your UNI and password at https://ssol.columbia.edu/
· Check your registration appointment times are under “Reg Appts & PIN”. You may only register during your assigned registration appointment times, which are available on SSOL.
· Select Registration from the Menu.
· Click Add to include courses on your schedule, providing the 5-digit call number. The 5-digit call number can be found in the Directory of Classes: http://www.columbia.edu/cu/bulletin/uwb/
· If you have successfully registered yourself for a course, you will see the following message: “Adding SUMA K1111 S001 was successful. The change is effective immediately. See the new schedule below.”
· If you have not been successfully registered for a course, please follow the instructions provided by the error message OR select another course. Possible sources of error messages include adding courses for which you do not have Instructor or Department permission to register, selecting two courses that meet at the same time, selecting a course that is full, or attempting to register for more than 18 credits per semester.