top of page


M.S. in Sustainability Management graduates hold key positions in some of the world’s most impactful organizations. Some 75% hold positions in the private sector, with the remaining 25% in government and nonprofit organizations in the United States and abroad. Some of the organizations that employ our graduates include:

  • Accenture

  • American Express

  • CDP

  • Citi

  • Clinton Global Initiative

  • Coach

  • Con Edison

  • Ernst and Young

  • ESG Analytics

  • Etsy

  • First Solar

  • Google

  • Great Forest

  • HSBC

  • Morgan Stanley

  • Natural Resources Defense Council

  • New York City Department of Environmental Protection

  • Nike

  • NRG Energy

  • Patagonia

  • PepsiCo

  • Samsung Electronics

  • San Francisco Department of the Environment


  • United Nations Global Compact

  • Verizon

  • Voltpost

  • Waterkeeper Alliance

  • World Bank Group

Watch to see how program alumni are using the skills they gained to transform the field of sustainability management.

School of Professional Studies’ Career Design Lab

Master of Science in Sustainability Management students and alumni are supported by a wide variety of individualized career coaching and career resources. The Career Design Lab partners with SUMA faculty, administrators, students, and alumni to provide tailored career services and programming in addition to self-directed online tools for professional development.

mcginnisheadshot (1)_edited.jpg

Eileen McGinnis

Chairwoman of the Board of Directors of CMC Energy Services

Sustainability Career Mentor

If you would like to discuss job exploration or any aspects of your professional development journey, schedule an appointment with Eileen via the SPS Talent page below!

Climate School Professional
Development Opportunities

Master of Science in Sustainability Management students and alumni benefit from professional development support from the Columbia Climate School. The program focuses on skill building, access to leading practitioners, career networking, and specialized job search strategies and tools. Initiatives include:

  • Research, Fieldwork, and Internships Opportunities

  • Climate & Sustainability Career Planning

  • Access to Climate and Sustainability Practitioners

  • Climate & Sustainability Alumni Network

  • Associations & Clubs

  • Fellowships & Scholarships

For more information about career support through the Columbia Climate School, click here.

Sustainability Job Board

CLIMATETECHLIST is the web's most comprehensive climate tech job search tool with over 30,000 climate tech jobs from 1,000 companies, updated daily. The site also has blog posts that explain the climate hiring/recruiting/company landscape and thousands of university/internships/early career-specific climate tech jobs.


CLIMATEBASE is the world's leading hiring platform for climate organizations. Climatebase supports thousands of climate tech companies, renewable energy companies, and environmental nonprofits in hiring the top talent they need to succeed — while helping their community of over 1M yearly users discover jobs and transition to a mission-driven career.

Green Jobs Board.jpeg


Green Jobs Board provides pathways for people looking to enter the green economy by connecting employers and job seekers with education, community, and empowerment. Their mission is to bridge the gap between opportunity and access within the environmental field, especially for BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, Peoples with Disabilities, etc., seeking work in this industry.

bottom of page